Lactic acid is a skin care ingredient that quickly delivers numerous benefits when applied in a well-formulated exfoliating product. When used in a pH-correct formula (whether designed to be left on skin or in a high-strength peel that’s rinsed after several minutes), lactic acid works by gently breaking the bonds that hold dead, dry skin cells to the surface.
Lactic Acid is generally viewed as being a gentle chemical exfoliant, meaning it is well tolerated by most, even sensitive skins. In addition it possesses properties that boosts the skin’s natural hydration, reducing the flaking effect of many acids used for exfoliation.
- Improves skin’s natural moisture factor
- Increases cellular turnover
- Improves acne and acne scarring
- Brightens skin tone by removing surface dead skin
- Reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation and sun damage
Doctor, Dentist or Registered Nurse?
Fill in our registration form and you’ll be given a username and password to access professional resources, training information and to purchase.